Cars and the Environment (no MG)

To: "MG List" <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Cars and the Environment (no MG)
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 16:39:12 -0500
Hello all,
    I have quite a large paper due for one of my senior "world
issues" classes.  My buddy and I have decided to work on the
automobile: how it has changed to meet emissions regulations, how
cars really affect the environment, and the future of the internal
combustion engine.
    I remember a thread on the list at one point about how to
convert a gas-burning engine into one that will run from grain
alcohol; if you know anything about this, please e-mail me
privately.
    I need some help on understanding where emissions regulations
came from in the late 60's/early 70's.  If anyone can direct me to
websites on this stuff, please e-mail me...I greatly appreciate the
help, and if you give me direct info that's relevant, you will be
quoted, and maybe printed!  Thanks again!

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/