Re: Powder Coating

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Powder Coating
From: "Scott Bruning-ZTherapy" <zcarzar@micron.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 00:11:46 -0700
>So has anyone out there powder coated their block and other engine
>components
Neil and all,
I offered clear powdercoated Reman SU carbs for a while, until I used
Berryman's Carb cleaner on them.
This strong spray carb cleaner softened up the powdercoat, and rendered the
carbs useless.  I recalled the sets I sold (only 8) and stopped using it.
Word to the wise.  I would not powdercoat in the engine bay, unless you can
avoid all harsh chemicals. Scott

Scott Bruning, owner   ZTherapy/Datsun Z Convertibles

        REMANUFACTURED SU CARBURETTOR SYSTEMS-LIFETIME WARRANTED!
New Stainless shafts, new parts, new plating, new aluminum finish

                    DIY "How To" Videos
Carbs, Fuel Injection, Bodywork, suspensions, Chrysler 3.0V-6

zcarzar@micron.net www.ZTherapy.com for a detailed look at (SU) carbs
Shipto: ZTherapy Machine 2945 Kennedy St, Mtn Home, ID 83647 (208)587-0869
Visa/MC/AMEX/COD/UPS/FEDEX