Re: oops! Forgot to ask this last time!

To: "Chris Chandler" <spawn@net-link.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: oops! Forgot to ask this last time!
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 20:44:07 -0000
Make sure it is flickering between 12v and off a couple of time a second.
But even so, this method of 'stabilising' makes it difficult to tell if it
is the stabiliser that is faulty or the gauge, since the gauge is measuring
average current - difficult to read on a meter with a whopping great
capacitor.  The stabiliser could be operating, but feeding 12v for much
shorter than it should, giving a low reading.  If you can substitute either
or both of stabiliser and gauge without making a purchase so much the
better.

PaulH.