Battery kill switches

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Battery kill switches
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 12:35:17 -0800
>Speaking of which, why are those battery cutoff switches so damn expensive?
>I mean come on, $60-$100 for a simple heavy-duty switch? (Moss,VB)

Skye (and all),

For racing goodies like kill switches and other cross-trained car
bits (used by all sorts of racers) I grab a circle track catalog.
They have SCCA approved kill switches for $25-$35 range.  Moss and
VB have the same sort of prices that a lot of "sports car" racing
catalogs have.  I'm always amazed at how much more expensive it is
to buy, say roll cage padding, for a Pour-sha, when Chebby roundy-round
roll cage padding is so much cheaper!  (Please add some sarcasm to that
last line for correct effect.)

If you use the $10 keyed type, expect to replace it every couple of
years or so.  I prefer the higher quality race approved types, but
I have used the cheap ones on street only vehicles.

Here I am at work and I can't think of any of the circle track type
outfits I've ordered from, but they are a good resource.  They have
a lot of "special car tools" at prices that would keep roundy-round-bubba
from ever picking up an Eastwood catalog.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/