RE: Powder coating Engine Block& Components

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Powder coating Engine Block& Components
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 07:32:37 -0800
Curt,

You have finally explained what I suspected all along!  That there must be a
British car nut who works at Eastwood!  The catalog is stuffed full of
discreet pictures of British car parts undergoing various restoration
operations (MGB taillight lens buffing, MOWOG aluminum water outlet being
repaired, Spit valve cover painted in soft silver, etc.).

You may get a bit of flack for your discussion of the powder coat system on
this page - it borders on commercial advertising.  But I want to say that
Eastwood has been a great source of restoration goodies for me over the last
few years.  Unlike that Greedo's Garage outfit that caters to Porsche
poseurs with more money than sense, Eastwood markets stuff for folks that
actually WRENCH on their cars.

I am doing a ground-up restoration on my 1974 Factory MGB-GT V-8, one of
about 17 in North America.  Eastwood has helped a lot - keep up the good
work.

Cheers,
Paul Kile