Storage Ideas

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Storage Ideas
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:47:52 -0800
Folks:

        I am preparing a severely damaged 1500 MGA for long term outside
storage.  The car has 64,000 miles on it and has been stored outside for
many years.  I want to reduce the amount of damage that the car receives
while I look for parts and time to bring it back to life.

        I am pulling the dash and floorboards so that there will be no
more damage to the gauges/switches and frame rails.
        The damaged fenders are coming off and I am going to reinstall
the fender bolts with liberal amounts of grease.

        There are areas of rust through, where the shell meets the front
fender on one side, and just below the boot opening.  I am asking for
thoughts on sealing these rusted areas so that water cannot penetrate
and further damage the metal.  Duct tape is right out, as it has no
longevity.  I remember seeing mothballed aircraft which have all
openings sealed with some kind of white tape.  Perhaps some type of
plastic tape glued over the openings.  Any suggestions??