Curious squeak

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Curious squeak
From: "Jeff Zuckerman" <JeffZuckerman@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:20:53 -0800
Dear list,
Finally got the rebuilt engine reinstalled on my never-ending '67 BGT
project.  Actually, after setting points and timing, the engine seems to run
quite well.

My concern is:  There is an intermittent squeaking (that's the best word I
can use to describe it) that seems to be coming from the rocker assembly.
Sometimes it is louder than others, sometimes it seems to disappear
entirely.

I took the valve cover off and observed the rocker arms with the engine
running.  There seems to be oil coming out of them, but I'm really not sure
how much there should be.  It kind of looks like they are "spitting" little
drops of oil in the air.

Does this sound adequate?  The oil pressure is good (I replaced the oil
pump).  I should also mention that so far the engine has been run very
little (less than 15 minutes total).

Any ideas, thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff Zuckerman