Re: Fuel Pump Problems

To: "Craig Brownlee" <Craig_Brownlee@ong.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Problems
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 19:31:11 -0000
If the fuel pump stops and a rap gets it going again then it will chatter
away for a couple of seconds or more, not just give a couple of clicks.  A
blocked petrol cap (for unsmogged cars) will cause the symptoms you
describe, if you remove the cap and get a 'whoosh' this is a fair bet.  If
you have a smogged car I believe blocked hoses will cause it.

PaulH.