Re: Sump off..

To: <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Sump off..
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 18:51:58 -0500

>there is actually no reason to go further with this engine without
pulling it
>out and completely inspecting every part of it!!!Bits of metal get
into the
>oil galleys and then what do you have??

...And if you're going that far, have the block hot-tanked.  That'll
get years of deposits and goo out of the oil and water galleries,
along with the metal bits.  Any good machine shop could do that for
you, and I don't think it costs that much.

>     crank and rods need to be measured,cam shaft and bearings need
looked
>at..in short..a complete teardown,inspection,repair and then
reinstall the
>"Good"engine..

Just remember...If you're gonna do it, do it once; do it right; and
do it with style!

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/