Ups and Downs

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Ups and Downs
From: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 21:27:15 -0500
Well, I finally got the suspension totally re-done.  Let me tell you,
tightening those bolts while the car is sitting on the wheels takes
quite some doing!!  It rides like a dream now though, so it was worth
it.

The brake job was somewhat less successful...  Everything seems to work
fine, but you constantly have to "pump up" the brakes before they feel
right.  I've bled the system, and there doesn't appear to be a drop of
air in it.  Nor are there any leaks that I can detect.  If you pump it
up and hold it it will hold there until your leg goes numb, but after
you let it go for a few seconds you have to start all over again.  Is
this a bad master cylinder (the one thing I didn't replace)?  If it's
not, any other suggestions?

Oh, and the "DPO DOH!" story of the day...  After I got all this work
done, I took her out for a test drive.  Of course it's raining and of
course five miles from home I put on the turn signal and the green
circuit goes out.  (Wipers, Tach., Heater, Turn Signals, Etc.)  I drive
home slowly and put her in the garage. Checking the fuses I discover
that the green circuit fuse is blown.  Not only that, but further
investigation reveals that they are all 7 amp fuses!!  I wonder if the
DPO ever drove the thing????  No wonder it blew with the wipers and
heater blower and turn signals going!!!

Chris
'72 B Roadster (Too many pieces to count)
'70 B Roadster (Almost roadworthy!)