RE: Exhaust manifold studs

To: Erik Brzoska <mowog77@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Exhaust manifold studs
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 12:10:09 -0800
Erik:

        Before going any further, check the flange thickness of the
manifold and make sure it is the same as your intended intake manifold.
There are two thicknesses of manifolds used on the B.  You can
interchange them by making a stepped hold down washer, but it is a pain.
Now may be a good time to get the correct manifold before putting labor
into the damaged itme.
        If you have a drill press I would recomend helicoiling the
manifold.  A bit more expensive than tapping, but in the long run it
will hold up better.

Kelvin