Never buy anything with a handle on it... Was: tools, what priority?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Never buy anything with a handle on it... Was: tools, what priority?
From: Vallely <vallely@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 23:34:08 -0500
(...it means work.)
Simon--
Assuming you're talking about tools for an old car, and in no particular
order--
I've gotten lots of use from a 4 1/2" angle grinder w/ a wire brush.
Never really found myself wishing for a drill press, but to each his
own. I'd never buy a cheap one though. A power drill is a must.
Propane torch--absolutely
There's a vise-grip made to grip hex heads that has spared my nut
splitter many times.
A set of flare-nut wrenches also helps alot on old rusty hex heads.
A soft mallet is good.
A decent file or two.
A torque wrench
Cold chissels
An impact driver
A decent light
*****A GOOD RESPIRATOR******.
A mig welder and a compressor lets you do anything.
Always pay extra for good quality tools. Sears are usually decent, or
the brands you find in stores that supply professionals. Dont buy cheap
stuff--it's harder to use.
Have fun.
John Vallely
'59 mga