Re: Electronic ignition and plug gapping

To: <BDurgin1@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition and plug gapping
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:02:48 -0600
Bruce,
   Unless you've changed the coil to a high voltage/energy unit, I'd leave
the plug gap alone.  The EI will give you a much more stable advance and
compensate for distributor wear etc., but won't do anything (significant) as
far as increasing the voltage to the plugs,  which is what you need to
increase the gap for better ignition.
JMHO
Harlan.
(Now watch, someone will come in and explain how the increase flux density
through the framastat increases the pedrastatic impeadence of the bi-polar
mitziplungigator and doubles the output voltage of the coil.....;')