Nuts and Bolts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Nuts and Bolts
From: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 18:30:55 -0800
Hi everyone,

Finally managed to undo the mains nuts today using a 3/4" socket, solid
bar and the handle of my trolley jack - to get the necessary leverage
(thanks Gary for the idea!) required to budge them. On the end of each
of the mains caps there is a threaded hole. I screwed in a bolt, and
with the aid of a vice grip of the bolt head I managed to remove the two
caps - each side of the centre main - no problems. The other mains caps
have a larger hole. I don't have a bolt handy that's large enough to do
the same trick.

Can someone tell me what size bolt I'll need to do this with the centre
main and front and rear mains caps?

MGBGT 1970.

Thanks all,
Neil.