Any Chrysler mechanics on the MG net? (no MG content)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Any Chrysler mechanics on the MG net? (no MG content)
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 11:30:17 EST
I have a 1993 Eagle Vision with the 3.5 L engine. I am replacing the timing
belt as the car has 70K in the clock. The tensioner has no adjustment. I have
compressed and pinned it as shown in the shop manual. When installed and the
pin released, the belt seems much too tight. In fact, the tensioner when
compressed, already exerts considerable pressure on the idler pulley (and
therefore, the belt). Hi-Lo auto parts insists this is the correct Gates belt.

R. Johnson - Dallas