RE: R: wrinkle painted dash/Fascia

To: Rene van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Subject: RE: R: wrinkle painted dash/Fascia
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:38:30 -0800
Rene:

        The original metal finish is more of a pebble grain than
wrinkle.  Pull off the chrome strip on the glove box door.  The original
finish is usually evident in that unweathered location.  Wrinkle paint
is the closest current finish readily applied.  The closest to original
I have seen was produced with a matt powdercoat process.  A short bake
time was used and the pebble grain was well duplicated.  Paul Dierschow
at Scotland Yard perfected this technique in the 80's.  I have two
dashs' that have held up well since then and still look fresh.

Kelvin.

--
Rene and Marion van Maanen
Netherlands Europe