Re: Towing Genius

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: Towing Genius
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:22:35 -0600 (CST)
On 12/15/98 22:13:03 you wrote:

>It's easy to tell when writers have nothing worthwhile to add to a
>discussion.  They'll resort to sarcasm and/or verbal abuse.
>
>  CR

This topic has been beaten to death. The fact is that you have far more
potential for damaging
your MG if you tow it with drive wheels on the ground. This is not an opinion,
IT IS A FACT. I
have never hear about a car being damaged due to towing with drive wheels off
the ground but I
heard a ton of tales about engine, transmission and rearend damage after being
flat towed. I do
this towing stuff for a living. NEVER!!! tow a wire wheeled car from rear,
knock-offs are
designed to tighten while traveling forwards and have/will loosen and allow the
wheel to fall
off if towed in  reverse direction. To say that someone flat towing their MG is
an idiot (or
whatever Bob said) is just stating an opinion. Do yourselves a fair and wheel
lift from rear
(lugged wheels only and secure the steering wheel), trailer or flatbed when you
need to
transport your MGs. Your MG will thank you by provided many more hours of
service.

This is my first post to list using my new computer :-)

Wishing you and your's a happy and healthy holiday season.

Safety Fast'
David "who the heck is Adam?"Deutsch