new to list

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: new to list
From: RMerid7682@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:24:45 EST
Hi all

Just thought I should post something so people know I'm out here. Bought a 79
Midget a month or so ago an have been lurking here for a while. Drove past the
Midget with a "For Sale" sign in someone's driveway to and from work for 2
weeks. Couldn't stand it any longer. Stopped and got phone number and called
the guy. Went and looked at it and drove it. It's been parked at my home ever
since. The guy I bought it from was super nice. Called me and said he couldn't
find the title and would have to apply for a lost title. Came over, handed me
the keys, said to leave his plates on, gave me a copy of insurance card and
said, drive it this weather won't last forever. Wouldn't take any money at the
time, I offered. Called me three weeks later after receiving new title. It's
officially mine.
I'm also willing to be on the trip help list. Having my phone number appear on
a web page doesn't bother me. It's already on one web page.

Roger Meridith
Decatur IL