Re: MIG welders

To: RMerid7682@aol.com
Subject: Re: MIG welders
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 03:02:29 -0500
RMerid7682@aol.com wrote:
> Eventually you will need some kind of parts, tips for sure and maybe
> others. You're going to have to go to a welding supply shop eventually to get
> a gas cylinder to use with it. Check prices at any of the types of stores and
> parts availability. Then hit the local welding supply shop and see what they
> have. They might surprise you on competitive pricing and they service what
> they sell.

  I second that.

  I sort of split my welder purchase between a mega-chain
(Canadian Tire) and a welding shop. The shop couldn't match
the price on the unit itself, but the gas kit was the
same price and in stock, as well as bottles, wire, and
spares, and of course good advice.

  So I ended up spending about the same in each to get
my rig up and running.

  That also mean I spent enough in the store to earn respect for
the questions I ask when I am there. (rather than giving
my money to CT and grooming the welding shop for free
advice)

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca