Re: Towing Genius/Happy Holidays

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Towing Genius/Happy Holidays
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:21:03 -0500 (EST)
>This towing issue is getting out of hand....
>come on people.. it's all a matter of what you feel
>SAFE doing!
>Personally... undue the driveshaft
>Why rack up the miles on the odometer?
>You'll also notice that the majority of large
>towing services use flatbeds these days.
>The IS a reason.

Now this is a good point, I think. For a very long tow, even if the
Lilliputians are wrong about "damage" being done, won't towing put at least
"normal wear and tear" on the transmission and u-joints (yes, I know, they
won't be under as much stress), as well as miles on the odometer? Also,
won't the slight reduction in friction reduce the load on the tow vehicle a
little?

Happy Holidays, incidentally, and I hope we'll find something more
important to worry about/celebrate soon than towing practices.

Nevin