Re: Lifting a B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lifting a B
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 21:04:06 -0800
Mark,

I've had lots of B's.  The A arms are easily strong enough to lift the car.
Done it dozens and dozens of times without a problem.  The cars are sturdy.
I have a Miata and it's a nightmare trying to figure out where to jack it
without bending the GD car.

Don Scott

At 09:50 PM 12/19/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I have an old in-ground lift in my shop. It is the type made in the
>'50's and '60's with two very long parallel beams that run under the
>vehicle. There are two pieces that contact the car's rear axle on either
>side of the diff. when lifting. I don't know where to support the car in
>front, though. My lift has a couple of upright pieces that can be moved
>forward/backward and side/side.
>
>Are the A arms sturdy enough to use as a lifting point without
>distortion? Anyone else use a lift like this on a B?
>
>Regards,
>Mark in MS

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/