RE: Fuel

To: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:18:51 -0800
Keith:

        I think the DCOE with correct chokes can get excellent highway
mileage.  45 DCOE with 33 chokes got 28-30 mpg driving from Colorado to
California.  70 MGB, 87 octane, OD trans with 195/60 14 tires.  Average
speed was around 65 (the 55 mph speedlimit was strictly enforced).  I
richened the main jets when I got down to 2000 feet.  Tail pipe stayed a
nice light grey.  The same setup has worked well on my 65B for 85 mile
daily commutes.  Top end power with the small chokes is probably less
than with SUs', but idle and low end are smooth and strong.

Kelvin.