RE: Snow chains

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Snow chains
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 13:47:42 -0800
Hi,

I did slow down, which is common practice since I am from England.  I guess
that what I am asking is will snow chains let me drive in places that I
couldn't without them?  For example, I drove slowly up the hill to my
friend's place, but when I got there I couldn't get up the drive as it
hadn't been ploughed.  Driving on the compacted snow where the snow plough
had been was dicey but okay.  Driving up to the house would be very dicey
and I didn't even attempt it.  Fortunately my car was not side swiped by the
snow plough coming back down the hill!

> Andrew Errington wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > can anyone send me details on what to buy, or what to look for
> when buying
> > snow chains or cables?
>
>   From my experience dealing with people who don't normally
> drive in snow, the simple answer is just "slow down".

Yes, that applies to driving in rain too, which catches these Californians
every time!

Andy