Fwd: Lucas Gremlins Strike Again

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Lucas Gremlins Strike Again
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 23:08:22 EST

--part0_914299702_boundary

From: REwald9535@aol.com
To: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Subject: Re: Lucas Gremlins Strike Again
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 23:06:56 EST

In a message dated 12/21/98 7:46:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au writes:

> Symptom.   Passenger indicator, stops working when brake applied ?.
>  Looked closely last night and when the passenger indicator is working BOTH
>  brake-lights faintly flash,  seems it is only a small current going to the
>  brake-lights, but it stuffs up my indicators.

Neil,
What you have is a bad ground causing a feedback and the brake lights to flash
faintly until you step on the brake when the increased current flow causes the
indicator light to go out.
find the ground wire(s) for the passenger light assembly (ah what the heck do
both sides and save yourself some time later).  Follow them, clean each
connector with a wire brush is possible or sandpaper if not.  When you get to
the ground screw remove it. clean the connector and sandpaper the body under
the connector area.  If you can lay you hands on some star washers use them
under the bolt head.  This should cure your problem.
Good luck
Rick Ewald
67 B roadster
99 Volvo S 80 T-6