Fuel Tank Obstruction

To: "'mgs'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fuel Tank Obstruction
From: "HUTCHINS, JOE" <JHUTCHIN@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:34:00 -0800 (PST)
Charley and Erik thanks for your replys.  I have determined the problem with
getting no gas to the carburetors of my '67 BGT is not electrical,  the fuel
pump, nor an air leak in the fuel line.  It is evidently an obstruction in
the pick up pipe in the fuel tank.  Everything works fine when the fuel line
to the fuel pump is connected by a piece of hose to a gas can.  I have
removed the tank from the car and the sending unit from the tank.  I cannot
see the pickup pipe since it is in the center of the tank and the view is
blocked by the internal structural supports in the fuel tank.  I have tried
to clear the obstruction with compressed air  and by fishing something
through the pipe.  This has been to no avail.  I would really prefer to not
have to buy a new tank.  This one appears in good condition except for the
obstruction.  Can it be "boiled out" like a radiator?  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

TIA
Joe