oily shirt cleanup

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: oily shirt cleanup
From: "Don Diego" <mgbfan@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 06:25:07 PST
Hello All and The Best of the Season to All !
I had a favorite sweatshirt that became involved with my MGs...
I found something that worked in getting the oil stains out.
BRUSH CLEANER !  Not spirits or other solvents. You know you have the
right product when it says "water soluble" and contains toluene. Just
soak the stains with it for a day, then wash. (NOT with other garments
or momma will have your head ! ) This shirt was blue and there was no
colour loss at all . It came out perfectly.
  I found it in the paint section at Canadian Tire. Great product ! Try
it on all kinds of cleanup jobs. I think the only thing it won't touch
is cured epoxy.
  Super List you have here with invaluable info. I'm restoring a '69BGT
and also have a "70B and a "73 BGT.  I am a complete rookie as far as
car repair goes but with the comments have tackled and completed all
sorts of jobs on my LBCs. THANKS ALL !!