Santa was good to me

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, autox.team.net.mgs@B-LEADS1
Subject: Santa was good to me
From: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 21:02:45 -0600
Christmas has come and gone again.  Like most years the kids made out like
bandits.  For me it was one of the better years.  At the head of the list
was a new Dwell/tach/voltmeter from Sears.  Now I can keep my points
adjusted correctly and can fight off the urge to go electronic for a few
more years and thus remain an automotive retrogrouch.  I hope it will work
with positive ground!  The next item is also from Sears.  It is a light
bulb on the end of a long bendable stick- perfect for looking inside stuff
and around corners with a mirror.  Daughter Kelly used it to look up her
Dad's nose but I don't think that is one of the more valuable uses.  The

Eastwood company was also on Santa's hit list with some cuttoff wheels for
my angle grinder and a Magnaflux Spotcheck Jr. crack finding kit.  Since I
presently have a large British engine apart, this will come in handy.

Next was a copy of Practical Classics Guide to Jaguar XK restoration.  Not
MG but still kind of valuable.  There were also a few other gifts that
don't bear mentioning with the exception of my sister in law's donation of
a rubber chicken with a lollipop sticking out of its mouth.  There has to
be a message there but it hasn't really hit me yet.

Happy Hollidays
Bill Eastman
61 MGA