Re: Transmission oil

To: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission oil
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 23:44:31 -0800
Jay Quinn wrote:

> I'm a big fan of Synthetics but be careful when using them on old/er cars.
> Their seals may not be able to handle the high detergent properties of the
> synthetics and can (will) leak.

I tooo am a big fan of synthetics, but only on new engines(rebuilt as
well). In fact my older cars (ok most all of them) run on Pennzoil crude
base oil. Why?? No I don't own stock in the company, the reason is that
it is a good oil that does not have the high detergent content of
Valvoline or Quaker State. Now that Pennzoil has been bought out this
may change, but I cannot recommend Synthetics in a used engine, unless
all the seals in the engine are renewed. This comes from a guy that is
sponsored on the track buy a synthetic oil manufacturer.

Mark Snowdon
owner of new new vehicles except my two race trucks