Re:Hawaian MGC

To: "MG list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:Hawaian MGC
From: Todd Tweedy <lulusam2@sparc.isl.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:08:28 -0600
Darrell,
$4,500 seems to good to be true for a restored C.  I would check who did the
restoration and talk to them first before flying there.  Also check on
shipping as to get a full picture of how much this could cost.  If it was
done by a quality shop you may have found a hell of a bargin.  In that case
go check it out,  and bring a check book!  Also ask about books and records.
I was lucky and got service and bodyshop records since 1974.  This will give
you a good feel for the car and the PO.  The C is a blast to drive.  It is
not as quick off the start as a B but has very long legs.  If I had a choice
would drive nothing else.  Unfortunatly it is about 8 degrees out and
snowing.  So my A4 Quattro will do just fine untill spring.  If you have any
other Q's let me know.
Oh and by the way you and you sunshine make me sick!!

Todd
69 MGC