gas nozzle seal 77B

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: gas nozzle seal 77B
From: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 08:32:00 -0500
Seasons Greetings Listers;
My wife, after much coaching, finally started looking at some Obsolete
Flyers and ordered some parts for me for Xmas!!!!!! :) Mostly seals for
the body of the 77B in anticipation of new paint (and her budget not
allowing rockers,etc). Any how I got a new rubber seal for the gas
nozzle it is listed as a 63-76 type. Obsolete tells me that the 77
onwards is NLA but the other should work. What is the difference??
Anyone with any experience in this area? Should I use the new or just
try to clean up the old? If so how do I go about cleaning the old paint
off the old?  Or should I just put up with the old paint???? This is the
seal that fits between the fuel tank nozzle and rear skirt. TIA!!!!!
Best Wishes & Safety Fast
Andy Proudfoot 77B