Re: OT Turkey Day

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: OT Turkey Day
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 19:36:02 +0000
Larry Macy wrote:

> On 12/28/98 8:01 PM so and so (Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au)
> said. (And I quote:)
>
> >Ok Guys Turkey Day is over now lets compare dumb presents recieved,
> >
> >I will Start With A Insulated Stubby Holder. (I Dont Drink Beer).
> >

> What is an "Insulated Stubby Holder" and what does it have to do
> with beer?

Well, in Australia we have these half-sized bottles of beer... so seeing
as they are short and squat they are called "stubbies".  If you were
short and squat you might also be called "stubby".  Those that drink
beer out of these short bottles do so because a) the beer would go flat
if you drank out of a big bottle... also you might drop a big bottle.;
and b) many think that beer should not come in cans as this is the
preferred container for dog food.

We also have hot weather and a desire that our beer be icy-cold (rather
than the tepid stuff others drink elsewhere), hence the insulated
holder.  It stops the beer warming up to the temperature of your hand
(hey, you *never* put your beer down until its finished) rather than, as
some think, it is to keep your hands from getting cold (oh dear).

So this is the "Insulated Stubby Holder" that was mentioned.  Consider
yourselves edjumacated.

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
'98 MG Stubby Holder