Re: Lowering.

To: Lawrie@britcars.com, WSpohn4@aol.com, doddk@mossmotors.com
Subject: Re: Lowering.
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 12:20:34 EST
In a message dated 12/31/98 9:19:28 PM Central Standard Time,
Lawrie@britcars.com writes:

<< On the "squeak" issue, I must side with Bill >>

Me to.

<<and say that my shop has installed literally hundreds of V-8 bushings >>

Me also.

<< and I've never once heard this complaint. >>

Me neither.

<<In fact, there's nothing that can squeak if they're installed properly.>>

Key phrase<G>.

<< The big nut and washer squeezes the bushing's inner tube so
 tightly that it cannot move (if installed properly), and the rubber is such
 a snug fit in the A-arm that I cannot see how it can move around and squeak.
 My guess is that reported squeaks were from installations where the wrong
 size big washer was used - one that would not pass over the shoulder of the
 A-arm pivot and squeeze the bushing's steel tube.

 Lawrie
 British Sportscar Center >>

Agreed.

Ed