Re: Millennium bug was: Cold weather starting -- The Drill

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, Lawrie@britcars.com, boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Millennium bug was: Cold weather starting -- The Drill
From: CIAG6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 16:13:29 EST
In a message dated 99-01-01 13:07:16 EST, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
writes:

<< Lawrie, et al
 the millennium does not start for 1 MORE Year!!.
 It will not be the 21st Century until 1/1/2001. not 1/1/2000. The 20th
 Century did not start until 1/1/1901. Or do we have just 99 years this
 Century??

 The popular press keeps getting this wrong.
 Larry Macy
 78 Midget >>
 Oh, really?   You are assuming that the year number refers to the number of
years that have been completed.  It actually refers to the year that we are
in.  Yes, the 2000th year will begin in the year 2000.

Ray G
Colorado