Re: Rear Spring Weight

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear Spring Weight
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 20:28:40
At 12:31 PM 1/1/99 EST, WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:
><<His advice, proven to work, was to soften the rear suspension, not add
to the spring rate.>>

>This is exactly right, Jim, but I have given up on trying to convince
people with As and Bs and just watch them riding high and bouncing around
on too stiff rear springs. Now the front end is a different kettle of
smelt......

Boy, I don't need any convincing!  I have the front end of my MGA hooked up
with a 3/4" sway bar mounted very tightly in all urethane bushings for the
stiffest action possible, and the stock rear springs are still way too
stiff and still lift a wheel in hard tight turns.  Anyone have a lead on
lower rate rear leaf springs?

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg