Fw: Year Whatever

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: Year Whatever
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 16:34:42 -0600
Ok...enough. Most folks are deleting this thread anyway, so I'll put in my
$.02 now.
Aren't we confusing the Y2K bug with the actual (either way, I don't care)
beginning of the "millenium" or the century?
The "bug" is due to the rollover of numbers to "00" on old computers, the
new century/millenium, well, it's a new year with a new number -- celebrate
it both years as far as I'm concerned -- it's kinda cool. The end of the
world and Space Odyssies(sp?) and such.
Either way, my 1973 MGB (MG content!) is going to be 27 years old and I'll
be 32. And neither my B nor I have any computers in us that will shut us
down when the clock strikes 12 ...be it 2000 or 2001. I remember when I was
a very young kid (about '73, actually) thinking how I'd be 32 in the year
2000 -- where the hell are all those flying cars and trips to Mars they
promised me? ;) There's a song in there somewhere, I believe.
Let's just relax and enjoy the ride. News has it that the Prez is gonna give
me a payraise (ha! wonder if all my peers will tear up their resignations
now) ...so I'm happy, anyway. haha! And I'd be happy anyway...because I made
it this far!

Dan
73 B