Seatbelts

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Seatbelts
From: Joanna Adler <joannaadler@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 16:29:30 -0800
Hi, I'm new to the list... so I'm sure this isn't a new subject -
Seatbelts.

I have a '79 MGB LE and I know that the original belts were recalled,
but the last time around - seven years ago with an '80 MGB LE - I got no
where trying to get them replaced.  Moss recommends the generic lap
belts, but I really want the shoulder harness - preferably retractable.

Meanwhile, I'm curious if anyone has had experience using another
seatbelt - such as from a Miata?  When I tried years ago to deal with
this same issue I was referred to Ferrari and those seatbelts were
outrageously priced at $600 each so I stuck with the originals.  This
time I only have one generic lap belt so I need to do something.

Thanks,
Joanna