Re: Red Line Oil

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Red Line Oil
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 18:27:18 -0600
On the fork oil issue.  I did some reseach a while back and came up with
this answer.

Bel-Ray High Performance Fork Oil 20W for all standard and all
cartridge-type motorcycle forks.

As I understand it, its 100% pure synthetic, doesn't foam up like mineral
spirts, extends seal life, and has special properties that reduce
"Stiction", and in a pinch, it tastes great too!

20W is supposed to be all around best weight to run with becasue anything
lighter or heavier can make the car ride to hard or soft.

I bought a one liter plastic bottle for $9 USD from a local Yamaha shop.
Pretty interesting look on the guys faces when I told them the specific
application.

Hope this helps.

At 02:22 PM 1/5/99 EST, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
>Listers,
>
>Just for fun I thought I would go to the horses mouth for a recommendation.
>There has been a lot of talk on the lists as to which type of oil to put in a
>gearbox, differential, and lever shocks, so I wrote a letter (Yes, snail
>mail!) to Red line.  I asked them to tell me what to use in my 1977 MG
Midget.