RE: Can I lube the heater motor without pulling it apart? ('70B)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Can I lube the heater motor without pulling it apart? ('70B)
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 10:06:46 -0800
> My heater motor is sounding really bad.  I would like to lube the thing
> but I don't really want to to pull the entire thing apart to lube it.
> Is there someway to lube the motor without pulling the blower casing
> apart?

Yes,

on my '69 B there are three screws on a flange around the motor where it
meets the box.  Undo these and the motor should just pull out.  You will
find that lubing it fixes the wailing banshee noise for about a week.  Other
list members will tell you how to fix the motor, then that the parts are no
longer available, then that the new motors are not as good.  I personally
ignore the noise, if I turn the motor on and off a few times the noise goes
away.

I need to take my whole heater assembly out becuase the DPO fixed it (real
good) before I bought the car.  For that job the only hard bit is
disconnecting the interior/screen flap control apparently.

Andy