Re: Helium Batteries?

To: Lawrie@britcars.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Helium Batteries?
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 22:49:17 -0500 (EST)
The important thing to remember here is that we all are stronger than what
we thought. Our batteries weigh about 40 lbs, but we all estimated them at
6-20 lbs. Of course, the other explanation is that we all have that twisted
optimism that marks the owner of an lbc.

>From: "Lawrie  Alexander" <>
>
>Let's see, Bill, I could lie and say it was a typo (should have been 36lbs),
>or I could just 'fess up and say that was the worst guesstimate I've made
>for a long time. Larry Hoy took me to task over the same thing so I weighed
>a couple of batteries today at work: 40lbs for a Group 24, 36lbs for a Group
>26.  So a "fess-up" it has to be................!
>
>In my TD race-car a few (sheesh, actually a whole bunch!) years ago, I ran a
>rider mower battery. That one really did weigh less than 10 lbs, and it held
>up for the nine years I owned the car. Never had trouble starting the
>engine, either, despite the high compression!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Lawrie

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision