Off Season?

To: mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Off Season?
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:41:23 -0800
Geeze.  San Diego, land of sunshine and autocrossers who
get started in January!

Yesterday was the first of the season, and it was great to
see all the old Brit iron folks had brought out:  two TVRs,
more than one Lotus, a TR-6, an MG, a Westfield, a Sunbeam
Tiger, and an E-type coupe in the parking lot.  Also of note
was a bloke *autocrossing* a Lambo Diablo!

The problem is...the MG wasn't mine!  With a year focused on
marriage and moving, and a couple of autocross cancellations,
my involvement in the local region's events was not up to par.

So, I was looking forward to the off-season, hoping to get a few
things done...and POW! the first event's in January!  And so
is the second.  Arg.  Even the RX-7 wasn't ready (flat spotted
tire that won't pass tech, new tires in the garage, not
mounted yet.)

The point of all this rambling?  Well, I'm building up a wire-wheel
rear axle for that extra inch.  However, I've made the decision
not to cannabilize my current rear axle for the project.

I'm looking for these bits for a tube-type axle:  steel wheel hubs,
and an input flange.  If anyone's got a blown-up rear axle they're
willing to sell bits off of, let me know.  Otherwise I'll continue
to haunt the boneyards.  Which I'll do anyway, can't let any good
'B bits go to waste.

After drooling over the various bits of machinery at the autox,
I went home and did some work in the garage.  After a bit of
inventory I realized I am quite a bit more parts-wise into the
V-8 project than I had thought...it's getting closer!

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/