Re: Lord Lucas strikes again

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lord Lucas strikes again
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 17:34:58 -0700
>Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:22:57 +1000
>From: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au

><some stuff cut>
>  Boy those trucks put up some spray.
>1 HR latter, and 2 stop's, for increased rain (Arm couldn't keep up with
>rain), I finally make it to the dealer.  Just to be sure I had diagnosed
>correctly got one of their mechanics to check it.  He sits in the car,
>turns on the ignition, flicks the switch.  What are those things moving on
>my windscreen. ARRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I had the windshield wipers stop on my 65B during a rainstorm, heading
towards San Antonio. I had to hang my left arm out and use a rag to wipe
the windshield clear enough to see where I was going.

I finally got to SA and the next morning I stopped at a British car repair
shop. The mechanic came out and rapped the wiper motor with a wrench. The
wipers never skipped a beat after that.

The only cost was for a Haynes manual that I bought so I would know how to
work on my car. Its vintage now as this was in 1975 or 76, the manual had
an appendix in the back for newer MGB and BGT models (71 and after).

David
71 BGT (65B long rusted away)