Re: MGB Tyres

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Tyres
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:11:02 -0800

Keith Wheeler wrote:

> I ran 185/60 up until this lastest set I'm installing.  Right now
> I'm going to a bit more tyre, as in 205/60, but that's only
> in preparation for the V-8.  If I was staying with the 4, I'd run
> 185/60's, probably Yoko A509.  It's a good tyre for the money, a
> good tyre for "street tyre" class.  Lots of dry grip, decent wet
> grip (just don't push 'em) *NO* snow grip, and really horrid as
> rallycross tyres.  (Sometimes you've just got to make do!)

My brother and I can back up Keith here.  Mike has a set of 15x6"
minilites and 195/60 yokohama 509s.  They are pretty darn sticky tires
for the money.   Dry grip was also found to be excellent, although we
are having problems with losing the rear end on the car???  You can make
an imprint with your fingernail in the rubber. Nice and gooey rubber. :)

Also, I saw some Panasport minilites from a company here in Atlanta.
They are probably better quality than the ones from Moss and all.  I
think they were 15x6 and were around $150.  Not bad, and you can even
specify any offset.  If there's interest, I'll look up the company.

Jay