Re: MGB on tv last night

To: dberman@nortelnetworks.com
Subject: Re: MGB on tv last night
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 22:48:02 EST
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 15:00:51 -0600 "Dennis Berman"
<dberman@nortelnetworks.com> writes:
>>Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:08:42 -0800
>>From: "charlie schellinck" <charlie@mars.ark.com>
>>Subject: MGB on tv tonight
>>
>>I dont know how many of you get speed vision on tv but at 3 am(P) the
>MGB
>>story part 2 is on. I wonder when part one is on?
>>
>>Cheer's
>>Adam Schellinck
>>1973 BRG MGB Roadster in 1 millon pieces.
>>1985 Toyota 4-runner (off road stuff)
>>1983 Toyota Pick-up with x-tra cab
>

>I saw most of it! Tried to record it but by the time the
>tape was in and the record button depressed... it was all
>but over!
>
>Also, they showed a '60s commercial advertising the "B".
>Don't make adverts like that anymore, cars either. Too bad.
>
>Tape now in stand-by mode!
>

>--
>Regards,
>
>Dennis (Bermy)
>'77 MGB

I managed to stay awake until 3am to catch it  - it was a good programme
but i couldnt stop myself from thinking it was like that Sheffield promo
film at the beginning of "The Full Monty" - ! incredibly dated!  watching
the assembly line was more like seeing a car show or a club meet - they
were put together exactly the same way as they are now, a bunch of blokes
with a few tools and a fag hanging out of the corner of their mouths!
The part about the "O" series engine was particularly interesting - i had
read about this but hadnt realised what a difference this would have made
to the cars sales in the U.S. - remind me, what cars DID get it?
Final comment -What bozos Stokes and the rest of the management were at
that time- id forgotten how incredibly inept they were

mike robson
who went to sheffield university and therefore REALLY gets a laugh out of
the full monty!
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley