Re: MGB Overdrive (Woo-Hoo!)

To: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Overdrive (Woo-Hoo!)
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:01:50 -0800
Hi Rich,

As an ownwer of a 74 MGB I think I can answer most of your questions.
The 74.5 is identicle except mine has the crome bumpers.  Everything
else is the same.

Yes the wiper control, is the control to disengage the O.D.  You don't
need to use the clutch to shift it in or out, but I would recomend it
when down shifting.  It works in both 3rd and 4th.  It is a very good
O.D. unit and requires very little attention.  Most problems with them
are electrical as there are several switches to go through for it to
engage.  They also use engine oil, 30 weight works fine.   If you
haven't had the B long I would recomend changing tranny oil.  This
assures you that the DPO didn't put in gear oil, You should be able to
smell it if they have.   Most people have problems with the connector
just prior to the coil, it is very hard to get to and stiff to connect.

What color is yours, Mine is Citren.  That's tennis ball green.  I know
it atrocious, But it grows on you.  Besides it sure does stand out in a
parking lot.

If you have any problems let me know.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby