A special thanks to Denise T, Kelvin D, and others

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A special thanks to Denise T, Kelvin D, and others
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 16:00:33 -0500
      Anyone that's been following my activities know about my stammer at
speed.
I think I've finally got a handle on what's going on here.

Apparently all the tuning I've been doing is for an 1800 cc engine.  .....
WRONG!

        It looks like I should have been doing it for a 2 liter.  It looks
like
I have the 1950 cc pistons in my engine. I'll have to pull the head
and measure the bores to be positive as suggested by Kelvin.
(I can see the divets in the piston tops through the spark plug holes - no
dish)
(see the Moss catalog 1950cc big bore piston set)

        Denise you're comment concerning the carb sizes on your 1100
makes sense when viewed with Kelvin's comment.  If I've been able to get the
carb's
set perfectly at idle, on a 2 liter, these HS4's are too small to breath
correctly at speed.

       This also explains why in the Weber DGV the PO had on the car (which
did run just fine)
had 170 jets in it. These are really rather large by concensous on this list
for an 1800.

I guess I'll have to go with a set of HS6's or go back to the DGV with the
170's

Anybody need a brand new set of HS4's ? (Amoung other things I've tried)

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blase Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm