Re: K&N Oil

To: spontius@worldnet.att.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: K&N Oil
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:06:45 EST
In a message dated 1/21/99 2:57:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
spontius@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Enrique,
>  K&N will tell you that the oil is "K&N filter oil", and they are quite
>  adamant that nothing else can be substituted-
>  degradation and shrinkage of the filter gauze material, etc.etc.

K&N oil is basicly a light red oil.  The reason for the red is so that you can
see what part of the filter got oil and what part did not.
When I used to off road race, we never used the K&N stuff, we would use ATF
and then allow it to drain off in a pan for three days or so before
installation.  On street cars WD-40 will work, IMHO ATF would be too thick for
street application.  Marvel mystery oil would probably also work just fine,
but I have never used it.
Rick Ewald
67 MGB