Re: Car Talk

To: David Lynes <cdlynes@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Car Talk
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:28:42 -0500
At 01:53 PM 1/22/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>For those of you who follow the adventures of Click and Clack, in the
>Car Talk column today there is a letter from a lady whose husband wants
>to build a $26,000 kit car.  Their response is reminiscent of the things
>I tell my wife about working on that project in the garage...
>
>At this address:
>
>http://cartalk.cars.com/Columns/CC/CC7450TXT.html
>
>David Lynes, Woodstock, Georgia
>73 Midget
>78 MGB

Thanks for the link, David. I looked at the column in amazement with a
feeling of 'deja vu'.

The reason I own my 76B (obtained in May, '98) and not the $26,000
Lotus car kit nor the $15,000 or so Cobra car kit I looked at is because
they are damn expensive.
Plus they would have taken me a good 9-12 months to build at best while I
drove the B with great
enjoyment for 5 1/2 months before winter sortof came.

And I still get to work on it while it is driveable!

Bill

Dr. Bill Saidel
Assoc. Prof.                      Vocal phone   (609) 225-6336
Department of Biology             FAX  (609) 225-6312
Science Building                  email:  saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
315 Penn St.
Camden, NJ 08102 -1411
http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Between the approximation of the idea and the precision
of reality, there is a small gap of the unimaginable."
Milan Kundera - "The Unbearable Lightness of Being"