Re: '73 MGB odometer

To: RJohn50603@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '73 MGB odometer
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 00:26:59
At 10:19 PM 1/24/99 EST, RJohn50603@aol.com wrote:
>My speedometer works fine, but my odometer has worked well for 13 years.
As time goes on it is easier and easier for it to get stuck when a few
numbers need to roll over.

It's kind of friction drive between the wheels, and it can get sluggish
when it gets old and a little gummed up.  Sometimes a good cleaning will do
wonders for it.

For a nifty crash course in Speedometer Tech, check this out:
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mgtech/speedo/st1.htm
This is specifically for an MGA, so bear in mind that your MGB will have a
different reduction ration for the odometer.

Good luck,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg