Best place to buy SU parts?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Best place to buy SU parts?
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:49:44 -0800 (PST)
Hello Listers:

Apologies if you recieve this in duplicate.  I am trying to find a supplier
for SU carb parts so that I can rebuild the carbs on my 1959 Riley 1.5.  I
was shocked to get the following reply from a carburetor supply house in the
UK when asked for a price quote:

        Dear Sir,
        We can supply from stock the parts you require.
        Carburettor repair kits, needles & overflow pipes.
        CRK 205 Repair kit @ £32.00 +
        AUD 1035 Needles AD @ £6.00  +                                  AUC 3200
        Overflow pipes @ £7.60 +
        Carriage, air mail insured £5.00
        (VAT @ 17.5% applies to all orders to EC member States, unless a
valid                VAT number of the destination EC State is provided)
        Regards
        Jeff Carter @ Gower & Lee
        sales@gowerlee.dircon.co.uk
        http://www.gowerlee.dircon.co.uk

Maybe I've been away from British cars too long, but these prices seem
terrible! Does anyone know of a source that has such parts at a more
reasonable price?

Thank you.

Don Scott

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/