Re: I am new to the list...

To: mgs@autox.team.net, bonding@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: I am new to the list...
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:21:26 EST
<< Steve Miller writes:

So it has come down to me...scary thought.  I am going to drive it
cross country.  And I do want to restore it.  And no I do not have a
small fortune to spend.  So at 28 yrs I am experiencing my second
childhood through my car.  Any thoughts or Ideas would be apreciated.
thanks,
  Steve >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Steve,

If you have driven your Midget for 7000 mi. with no problems, I would say that
you have a pretty good indicator that it will be reliable for a long drive.
Do all the normal, preventive maintenance and change all the fluids.  Do a
tune up.  Put together a tool kit, a supply of spare parts that are likely to
need replacing (include plugs, points, rotor, cap, and a fuel pump at least),
pack in lunch, some oil and a filter, and hit the road.  Make sure to take a
Haynes manual, and a Bentley manual if you can afford both.  Start with just
the Haynes if you can't afford both.

Now, that crack about being 28 and experiencing a second childhood.  You are
still in the first one!  I'm 48.  That's a second childhood.  (Or maybe a
third!)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget (DSP)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (HS)